215lbs Lifestyle



We are smack dab in the middle of the Holiday Season. That means family, friends, food and fun. It can add meaning to our lives and inches our waistlines! As I've gotten older it's getting more and more difficult to maintain my weight. Since my late thirties my standard weight hangs around 190# take or give. More if I don't watch what I eat, less when I do. If I didn't workout, I'd easily be well over 210#. Yep, I want a 180# body but live a 215# lifestyle. When I was younger I could cheat. My eating lifestyle didn't matter much. Although I did watch what I ate, you could barely tell if I fell off the "healthy eating wagon" so to speak. I was lean, active and had a decent metabolism, so if I cheated at my diet it didn't effect me much (unless I was competing where I had to make a specific weight class). Weight dropped off with ease. Not to mention I held that weight in different places than I do now (hello belly and love handles!). Naturally as I've aged my metabolism continues to slow down and I've noticed over the years that where I hold weight continues to change. Ahhh middle age!

Anyway my point is this; if I want my body and health to be a certain way, I have to have a lifestyle to support that goal. Yes, we can go on crash diets and short term intense workout programs, but this becomes more and more difficult as time goes on. It is not sustainable. We have to cultivate habits and lifestyles that create what we want the results to be.This goes for anything in life. Relationships, family, career, martial arts practice, shooting ability, writing skills, parenting, getting that masters degree, living a happy, healthy, fulfilled life!

But... (There's always a but...) things change. Just like at one time my lifestyle DID support (at least) my body image, I changed, so either my lifestyle habit has to change or I have to be alright with where things are at now. I can't have my cake and eat it too (quite literally in this case!).  Something's got to give.

You can probably think of a number of people who want their lives to be one way, but refuse to do what it takes (to develop the habit and lifestyle) to support that vision. They often ping pong back and forth, or give up all together. Some accept that they are where they are. Is that giving up or really being alright with where you and sometimes who you are? That's not an easy answer. It depends on the person and circumstance. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone say, "I'm alright with the way I am," but not really mean it, or worse they just don't have it in them to change and then tell themselves (and others) stories to make excuses or feel better about themselves.

How do you want your life to be? What lifestyle are you willing to create to support it? Remember what Gandhi said about your beliefs, thoughts, words, actions, habits, values, destiny! Change your habit, change your life!



Happy Holidays Gang!


Keep going,
~Craig



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are people from Crete Creteans??

What's Your Rosebud?

A Thanksgiving Thought