Heading Out to the Highway!


Another fourteen hour drive out to New Jersey. In some ways it is hard to believe that it has been going on ten years of this pilgrimage: In others it seems like yesterday when I started making these trips.

There is something about a good road trip that speaks to my soul. A time for solitude, to listen to some good audio books, music, catch up on phone calls, clear the mind, think. It never fails, as the miles roll over on my odometer it seems to put me at ease and allows for a certain degree of clarity. Maybe it's the hum of the road, the down time, the excitement for the training, or seeing my buyu friends? I'm not sure, but whatever it is it puts me into the zone so to speak. I feel inspired, so I make sure I keep a notebook handy to jot down any insights that I may want to hang on to as I drive through the beautiful Pennsylvania mountain side (which makes up a good deal of the trip!).

After training, reconnecting and dinner, it's back on the road. As long as I get a good night's sleep, the ride isn't bad. It gets a little long by the end, but worth the trip.

I have to chuckle when I hear from students complaining that our class is "too far" away. Which to them is maybe an hour or two drive. My response to them is, "are you looking for convenience or good training?You don't often get both! I continue to travel all over the world to train with who I consider to be the best in their field. All of a sudden a drive of an hour or ten doesn't seem so bad, but that's just me."

So, off I go for some breakfast before a good day of training. 

I hope that each of you out there reading this has something in your life that is similar to this experience for me. Something that challenges, yet rejuvenates. Something to look forward to. Something that gives you some downtime to be alone with your thoughts, bringing clarity. Something that helps reconnect you. 

Keep going,
~Craig

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are people from Crete Creteans??

What's Your Rosebud?

A Thanksgiving Thought